Did You Know Prop 6 Is A Swindle?!
The Constitutional Election is TOMORROW – if you do nothing else, send a message to the plutocracy: "NO, we will not let you cheat anymore." Nix Prop 6!
Heed Thomas Jefferson’s warning below:
“The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” – Thomas Jefferson
Check out the Texans for Public Justice analysis of Water Texas PAC "Will $2M Water PAC Spawn a Perry Slush Fund?"
Thank you to Rep. David Simpson for continuing to work to defeat Prop 6. See his op-ed in the Houston Chronicle.
Here is Debra Medina’s op-ed (opposite none other than the Governor himself) in the Tribune.
Greg Harman’s terrific insights on Prop 6 and conservation: Prop 6 Would Waste Billions On A Flawed Water Plan
HOT CLIP! RagingElephantsradio.com Prop 6 Corruption Exposed! Listen to the RER HOT CLIP to hear more details as provided by Heidi and independent activist Linda Curtis. You’ll be SHOCKED at the backroom dealings and how the people of Texas are being set up for another round of plundering.
Original Post: I’ve included some helpful links about Prop 6 below, including my press conference statement (which contains footnotes and references, also).
My public statement at the Nix Prop 6 Press Conference
Former TWDB Appointees and Senior Staff Confirm Prop 6 Is A Swindle!
NPR story on Prop 6, including a soundbite from my interview with NPR.
Austin American-Statesman op-ed, by Linda Curtis: Say NO to Prop 6
Read the extensively researched white paper on Prop 6 – but beware, this isn’t light reading!
Full list of links and resources on Prop 6 at IndyTexans.com
Texan Lenee Lovejoy’s op-ed on Prop 6: It Ain’t What’s Being Promised!
Join the Nix Prop 6 Facebook page and share the link on your pages. Time is running out, so please do this TODAY.
Public drain for private gain: Prop 6 rural water raid to benefit developers.
Funny Things Happen Before Elections, Especially on Prop 6
Nix Prop 6 Media Bonzanza Reached 1 Million Texans!
More from Independent Texans:
Nix Prop 6!
Save Your Water, Save Your Wallets & Save Texas from Cronyism at its worst!
- Prop 6 diverts $2B from the Rainy Day Fund for water projects that will be decided by Perry’s handpicked cronies on the newly reorganized Texas Water Development Board.
- Prop 6 proponents haven’t answered – in plain English — why they need more money since they haven’t touched the $6B for the “revolving water bank” bonds they got in 2011!
- Prop 6 is a dangerous corporate welfare subsidy for well-heeled land and water speculators and the oil & gas lobby looking to make a fast buck in the midst of our historic drought.
- Prop 6 is dividing rural and urban Texans when we are natural allies. None of us want wasteful reservoirs, our aquifers drained nor to pay through the nose for water heists.
- Prop 6 will fuel the fires of population growth – spurred by the Governor and the growth lobby — that cannot be sustained because Texas is running out of water.
- Prop 6 ignores that water availability is a core function of government, requiring strict oversight. These water robber barons will not operate in the light of day.
- Prop 6 big money backers at Water Texas PAC (set up by Texas House Speaker Joe Straus) and H204Texas PAC have a vested interest in getting this slush fund directed to new public-private partnerships when the money kicks in after March 2015! All but 12 legislators have therefore literally left small towns running out of water high and dry.
- Contrary to claims by the proponents, Prop 6 has no real guarantees for conservation projects when we all agree that conservation should have been prioritized. It just doesn’t.