Did You Know Prop 6 Is A Swindle?!
The Constitutional Election is TOMORROW – if you do nothing else, send a message to the plutocracy: “NO, we will not let you cheat anymore.” Nix Prop 6!
Heed Thomas Jefferson’s warning below:
“The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” – Thomas Jefferson
Check out the Texans for Public Justice analysis of Water Texas PAC “Will $2M Water PAC Spawn a Perry Slush Fund?”
Thank you to Rep. David Simpson for continuing to work to defeat Prop 6. See his op-ed in the Houston Chronicle.
Here is Debra Medina’s op-ed (opposite none other than the Governor himself) in the Tribune.
Original Post: I’ve included some helpful links about Prop 6 below, including my press conference statement (which contains footnotes and references, also).
Join the Nix Prop 6 Facebook page and share the link on your pages. Time is running out, so please do this TODAY.
More from Independent Texans:
Nix Prop 6!
Save Your Water, Save Your Wallets & Save Texas from Cronyism at its worst!
- Prop 6 diverts $2B from the Rainy Day Fund for water projects that will be decided by Perry’s handpicked cronies on the newly reorganized Texas Water Development Board.
- Prop 6 proponents haven’t answered – in plain English — why they need more money since they haven’t touched the $6B for the “revolving water bank” bonds they got in 2011!
- Prop 6 is a dangerous corporate welfare subsidy for well-heeled land and water speculators and the oil & gas lobby looking to make a fast buck in the midst of our historic drought.
- Prop 6 is dividing rural and urban Texans when we are natural allies. None of us want wasteful reservoirs, our aquifers drained nor to pay through the nose for water heists.
- Prop 6 will fuel the fires of population growth – spurred by the Governor and the growth lobby — that cannot be sustained because Texas is running out of water.
- Prop 6 ignores that water availability is a core function of government, requiring strict oversight. These water robber barons will not operate in the light of day.
- Prop 6 big money backers at Water Texas PAC (set up by Texas House Speaker Joe Straus) and H204Texas PAC have a vested interest in getting this slush fund directed to new public-private partnerships when the money kicks in after March 2015! All but 12 legislators have therefore literally left small towns running out of water high and dry.
- Contrary to claims by the proponents, Prop 6 has no real guarantees for conservation projects when we all agree that conservation should have been prioritized. It just doesn’t.